FSC Certified Framing
Framing has been completed on the Ellis Residence on Bainbridge Island, but again we’re still catching you up to present time. All of the lumber used to frame the interior and exterior walls is Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
The following is an excerpt from the FSC website summarizing their values:
- Prohibit conversion of forests or any other natural habitat
- Respect of international workers rights
- Prohibition of use of hazardous chemicals
- Respect of Human Rights with particular attention to indigenous peoples
- No corruption – follow all applicable laws
- Identification and appropriate management of areas that need special protection (e.g. cultural or sacred sites, habitat of endangered animals or plants)
The wooden I-joists that make up the floor and roof structure are SFI-certified. I-joists in our area are not yet available in FSC certified. However, wooden I-joists are made from recycled wood scraps.