- Certified LEED Silver
- Timed zone and motion sensor lighting controls
- Energy performance 17.5 % above ASHRAE 90.1
- Vegetated green roof
- 50% of construction waste diverted from landfill
- Native, drought-tolerant vegetation
- Durable, low-maintenance material
Inspired by a child’s block toy, the forms intersect to reveal the playful nature of the museum inside.
Salvaged materials were considered in many applications, from the front desk to the party room. Half of the construction waste was diverted from the landfill. A tight building envelope, with extra insulation, lent itself to the highly efficient building and heating system. Attentive window location and broad overhangs limit heat gain. The building was finished with a vegetated green roof to decrease water run-off, further insulate the building, and visually communicate KiDiMu’s commitment to a more sustainable future for our children.